Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Things I want to do this summer

I'm pretty sure I have bloggers block!  I see all of these cute/awesome blogs and I think I'm finally understanding it all.  I don't think my blog is quite cool enough to "link up" with people yet...but I might just go for it one of these days.

Yesterday's blog was pretty sad...I almost felt sorry for myself! *lol*  I did forget to mention that I took a vacation day from work (which was much needed after 2 years of grad school!) I went to see the movie Bridesmaids with my co-worker Amy, who also took a vacation day.  She is also in grad school and has one more year to go.  I felt so refreshed and motivated at work today.  That extra day off was just what the doctor ordered.  Anyways...I digress... The movie was HILARIOUS.  I love movies with stupid humor where you don't have to concentrate. 

Well, tonight I was thinking that I wanted to compile a summer wish list of a few things I want to do/try/etc...so here they are:

Drink a skinnygirl margarita
I adore Bethenny and I REALLLY want to try this stuff!

Visit friends who moved away
I already have plans to visit some of the girls who have moved to NC and I'm so excited! being in school has made me so anti-social...I am really excited that I can finally join the fun!

Go on a trip with the boyfriend
We toss the idea around all the time, but he and I are horrible at making definite plans.  I am way to detail oriented (which I am certain drives him crazy...but he loves it!)  We tossed around different ideas, so I am hoping we can do something! (We both need a real vacation!!!)  I even got a passport just in case.  I hate my picture on it...it looks like a mugshot!

Get a new summer work wardrobe
My job adopted a "no jeans or flip flop" policy last summer...so I need new summer work clothes! I'm really into dresses from Target...but I don't always feel comfortable doing the whole community based social work in a dress.  If anything...I could use a few new shirts and MAYBE some work appropriate sandals.

Get a new pair of "going out" shoes
It's been a while..and sometimes a girl just needs a new pair of cute shoes.  Even though I don't go out that often anymore...I still want a new pair. I want some shoes that make me 6'1!! *HAHA*

Save more/spend less
Is this an oxymoron because of my last 2 wishes? Nahhh...I should just lay off the 4.00 coffees. (They are so addicting though!!)

Have more "phone dates"
Thank goodness for facebook these past 2 years.  It's time to get back to having more actual, live conversations with my girl friends!!

"Extreme coupon"
I just want to try it....even if I just get 10 body washes for a dollar or something...nothing too crazy! I just want to see if I can do it!

Lift Heavier
I'm more of a weights girl in the gym.  I really do not like cardio at all.  I hope that I can move up in weight in all areas by the end of this summer.

There are lots of other things I'd like to do!  I am hoping that "life after grad school" gets a little more exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment