Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

green thumb

So toward the end of April I started a "garden" on my back patio.  I tried this last year, but I think I started it a little too late.  The radishes didn't grow. I had some success with the tomatoes and the spinach (in AUGUST!!).  This year I decided to start a little earlier so that I hopefully have tomatoes before the end of summer! 
I also want to plant some herbs like cilantro and basil.
Ideally, I want to be able to walk outside and just take what I need and then make it.  I'm not sure if that's possible with apartment living, but one can dream, right?
Here is my "garden" as of today"


<-----This side is my grape tomatoes.  I'm not sure what the thing next
to my label is...That should be a surprise I guess!
----->This side is spinach and green onion.  I'm not too optimistic about the onions (sad face).
So there you have it.  The spinach should be ready by next week.  The onions, within the next two weeks (doubt it) and the tomatoes should start to come out by the end of the month.

I think it's pretty good for having limited sunlight. Someday, I want a real garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment