Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Gorilla Bees!

The other day when I came home from work I snapped this pic... 


Well today...he was back! I came home from a lovely day of shopping...I had a very unpleasant encounter with the gorilla bee!
"What is a gorilla bee?" You might ask. 
Well basically, it's a bumblebee on steroids! This one has obviously made himself at home on the stairway to my apartment. 
I was talking to my friend Lauren on the phone during this 2nd encounter.  As I was approaching the stairway I hear this deep "bzzzzzzzz...." It sounded like a B-52 or a lawnmower. 
My first plan off attack was to try to spray him with windshield de-icer from my car.  The sprayer was broke!
 FAIL. 
So I waited. 
 Finally he flew away and I ran up the stairs to the safety of my apartment.  *phew.*

I checked wikipedia and decided that the correct term for this beast is a "carpenter bee."  There is a little spot forming on the stairs as if he's trying make a nest.  Cool. 

I'm sure this isn't the last I'll see of the gorilla bee.


No comments:

Post a Comment