Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'm Back!

Yes, I am trying my hand at blogging again.  Apparently things get busier when you are done with grad school!  I'm sure my 10 readers missed me so much!! :-) haha. Lots has happened since September!!

I got Engaged!!
Yes sir, after 5 years, Nick popped the question!!It was on my birthday :-) He had me open 3 presents (in clothes boxes) and the third box was the ring.  So sweet! I love that it was just he and I and not in front of a huge audience.  He picked out a beautiful ring. We went out to dinner that evening and ate in a private room which used to be a vault because the turned a bank into a restaurant.  Best birthday ever!

I went on a cruise!
I got to go on vacation with Nick and his family.  It was a blast! It was the first time I ever spent the holidays away from my family, but it was the first time in 5 years I got to kiss Nick at midnight on New Years.  We went to amazing beaches, went ziplining and snorkeling.  It was a lot of fun!!


I'm no longer a vegetarian (*ducks from PETA*)
No, I'm not a carnivore now!!! But I did start to eat meat again.  I was a vegetarian for 2 years.  I think it really helped me get healthier and change my eating habits for the better, but I also became more into eating clean and fitness and I found that it was too hard for me to eat clean as a vegetarian.  I don't eat red meat or pork.  I still cook lots of protein packed vegetarian meals, but I have found that it works for me and that's what matters.  I love making clean meals for me and Nick (he is picky too, so it's awesome when I make something he can eat!!)
Side note:  I did not get sick when I started eating it again, which I was warned about.  I must have a stomach of steel!!!!


I got a new job and moved!
After 3 years of living apart, Nick and I were finally able to move in together in our own apartment.  I had to move about 2 hours away from where I was living so that means, yet again, another new job.  I applied to an agency that has an awesome reputation so I interviewed with them on President's Day and they must have liked me enough to offer me the job the next day!  I was really excited and didn't even want to do the 2 other interviews I had lined up, so I canceled them (they were for the following week).  Leaving my old job, work friends and my clients was really hard, but I am happy to finally be in the same city as my fiance!  I really like my job and my manager is awesome. I still work with the Early Childhood population. It's community based work which has its ups and downs, but I don't mind so far (that will change in winter I'm sure).

2nd job!
The last new thing that has happened is after 2 years of contemplating it, I decided to become a Beachbody coach.  I am a gym rat and have a supplement stack that works for me, so I was hesitant and almost backed out again.  I thought, how can I promote something if I don't have a "success story."  But I know that the products work if people commit to it.  I tried Insanity (mentioned in a previous post) and I couldn't even sit down the next day!! I have several friends who have lost weight and inches and toned up from using the programs and Shakeology.  I hope that I can help people reach their fitness goals! I may be a gym rat, but I know that many people are not or simply can't find time to go.  I plan to try a workout program soon like RevAbs or Brazilian Butt lift, and possibly P90X in the winter.  I'm excited! 

I hope to update this more regularly again so stop back and leave comments :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment