Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

My Top 10 Gym Pet Peeves

I am an avid gym-goer and most of the time everything goes smooth.  Other days, I swear every single one of my pet peeves happen right before my eyes!  So, tonight I decided to make a list of my gym pet peeves.

10. Bench hogs
I have seen these bench hogs messing with their phone, staring at themselves in the mirror, put a towel or water bottle on the bench and disappear for 10 minutes and also chit-chatting with their work out partner more than working out. RUDE!!
9. Perfume
A woman had some on last weekend and it was so strong I had to go somewhere else! Spray it on later, please!
8.  Barbies
Caked on make up, freshly curled hair, flowers in your hair....soooo not necessary!!!  Ladies who go to the gym after work might have their hair and make up on from the day...that's fine. Sometimes I see people look the way they should look when they go out!
7.  Naked prancers in the locker room
It's great and all that you are comfortable with your body to be walking around naked...but it's awkward! Yes, when you are changing SOMETHING might show...but do you really need to be talking to your BFF on the phone with it all hanging out? I don't think so.
6. Stinkers
Deodorant was invented for a reason.  Please, do us all a favor. 
5.  Those who do reps right next to the free weights.
Umm hi, see all those people standing behind you?  We would like to use those other weights that you are blocking.  K thanks.
4.  People who drop their weights.
It's loud, it's obnoxious, and you are not impressing anyone.  Not to mention that's why there is always a set of broken cables.
3.  Unnecessary grunting.
A little bit is fine.  Sometimes it helps you squeeze in that last rep.  BUT...When it goes a little past PG-13...you've crossed the line.  (Again, you are not impressing anyone.)
2.  Not re-racking
This is probably a tie with number one.  It really put a damper on my workout when I have to take 3 sets of 45 lb weights off of the machine. 
1.   People who leave sweat on the equipment. 
Ahh!!! This is DISGUSTING!!! You should at least put a towel down if you do not like to wipe off the benches or machines when you are done. 

Phew!! Glad I got that off my chest!  I'm sure I could come up with a few more but that is my top ten for now.

P.S. So pumped for Real Housewives of New Jersey!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha I totally agree with ALL of these, Ashley!! So funny! Great list!

    Glad you are blogging - keep it up girl! Let me know if you need any help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha- those are my pet peeves too!! Also I hate it when I go to the free weight area and the guys give off the distinct vibe and looks like girls don't belong there. Maybe they expect us to stay on the ellipiticals- we don't want to break our nails!

    ReplyDelete