Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

First Post!

Well...where do I begin?  I decided to start blogging mostly out of bordem.  Some of my friends have blogs and I decided to jump on the bandwagon.  This is sort of out of my box because I am a pretty private person, but I do think blogs are a great way to keep tabs on people, especially those who have moved away to different cities and states.   I have no idea what this blog is going to be about.  I have many interests and hobbies but I didn't want to make it a one subject kind of blog.  I'm sure I'll post my favorite recipes and fitness tips from time to time.
I recently achieved one of my biggest milestones in my life...I got my Master's Degree!  I can now write "MSW" after my name which is very weird to me.  I had to do the program for 2 years because I was not willing to leave my full time job.  I would have been homeless if that were the case! The first year was the hardest.  Twelve credit hours in the fall and ten in the spring...talk about busy!  I had to really get a grip on time managment.  Getting through the main classes was a huge relief.  The next year I had to focus on my finishing my field placement.  My school worked with me so that I could continue to work full time and do my internship.  Basically, I dissapeared for the next year because I was working and interning from 7am-8pm practically every day.  Somehow, I made it and graduated last weekend! I have 22 hours left in my internship and then I am a free woman.  It's going to feel so strange to not have to do assignments or go to class, but I think I'll get used to it. :o)

Me with my 2 favorite women; my grandma and mom. 
Not a fan of the way my hair looks with the mortar board on my head... but oh well!



Me with my boyfriend.  He has been so supportive while I've been in grad school and helped keep me sane!


Well that's all for my first post...Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment