Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Getting over a cardio rut!

While I was in NC, some of the girls were talking about the Insanity workout. I figured, what the heck,  why not give it a try.  No one lives in the apartment below me right now, so this is the perfect time!
And I did it, I got through one week of Insanity!
I thought I was in pretty good shape...but Shaun T proved me WRONG!
I started last Wednesday with the fit test and actually felt a little sore the next day.  On Thursday I did the Plyometric Cardio Circuit (which is a major B**** by the way!) I could barely do the burpees and definitely couldn't do real push ups!  I kept moving even during the stuff I couldn't do.  The next morning I felt sore in new muscles (which I like! It makes me feel accomplished!). 
Every workout I sweat like crazy.  I absolutely HATE cardio so I started the Insanity program to help me get back into cardio in a less boring way.  I did the circuit again today (I am following the calendar but I
 started on a Wednesday instead of a Sunday.)  I felt it was a bit easier and I could actually keep up with it better. It makes me feel good that some of the trainers even have to take breaks.
I am not following the meal plan too strictly.  I am just eating like I normally do which it pretty clean already (minus my major sweet tooth Arrghh).
Tomorrow is a rest day and I will pick back up Wednesday with Cardio and Resistance.
I hope that the program helps me over my cardio rut.  I still go to the gym and lift like normal too.
 I plan to stick with this program as much as possible and will hopefully see results!  I feel that if I blog about it now, I'm more likely to finish it!
 :o)
View Image
"Dig Deeper!!" haha :o) *phew*

No comments:

Post a Comment