Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

NAMI, Bobbles, and the Attack of the Toilet Water

Today was a pretty productive day! I woke up bright and early and headed to the medical campus for the NAMI walk. *Ahem* puts on social work hat NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is an organization that promotes education about mental illness, spreads awareness and also advocates for those affected by mental illness.  Normally, I do not typically sign up for those walks, but I actually had to go today for my internship.  I am actually glad that I went, I had fun networking and hanging out with some of my co-workers.  One part of it that I disliked was that someone was handing out balloons.  Why did I dislike that? Well, when I was about 5 years old...I had a TRAUMATIC experience with one of those punching balloons.  I was walking out of Toys R Us with my dad, and I begged for one of those balloons.  I wanted the pink one.  We were in the parking lot and I started to punch the balloon punch..punch...BAM!! The stupid thing blew up in my face!  Still to this day, I am a little nervous around balloons.  Overall, the walk was quick and painless and it was for a good cause! 
For more information on NAMI visit http://www.nami.org/

I also purchased a new thing that I have been wanting for a while; a bobble!  It's a water bottle with the filter attached to the spout.  I love water...I don't really drink anything else but water and coffee so I always have a bottle of water with me.  I've been using my shaker cup for water which was kind of annoying and no matter what it always smells like protein powder...so today...I bought this!
Bobble
This is what it looks like, only mine is pink instead of black.
So far, I love it! 

 The pros:
Filtered water always on hand, less bottles in landfills, looks cute!
The cons: 
 The water comes out a little slow, Having to buy replacement filters.

They have them at Target in 3 different sizes and lots of different colors.  I also saw a few at GNC.

Speaking of filtered water...my PUR filter was going CRAZY ...and I finally got rid of it.  I was pretty handy today and put on a new aerator AND replaced the sink sprayer because that was broken too.

OH! I also went to Hobby Lobby and had to use the restroom while wandering the aisles.  There was a sign in front of the women's and another girl had to go as well.  The worker blocked off the area for us and allowed us to use the men's room.  She was changing her baby's diaper so I went first...one stall looked backed up so I went with the other one.  The other girl must have really had to go because she then decided to try to flush the clogged toilet which lead to water spreading all over the floor into my stall.  I was surrounded by toilet water trying not to move because I was wearing flip flops.  Sooooooooo gross!  I managed to get out alive, left the store empty handed and went home.

Wow, this was probably the most random post ever! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment